Thursday, October 29, 2009

My New Obsession - Chain Mail

I have been wanting to try making chain mail jewelry for a while now. I finally took the plunge and have discovered that I REALLY enjoy it! It's amazing what you can do with some jump rings and pliers! Here are some bracelets that I've made so far. Sorry for the not-so-great photos.


L to R: Twisted, Mobius Flowers, Shaggy Loops


L to R: Byzantine, Double Spiral
I'm using bright aluminum rings instead of sterling silver. They are very lightweight and much more affordable. (For example, a certain pack of bright aluminum jump rings is $6.50; the same size rings in sterling silver would cost $112.00!) So I'm hoping that people won't mind wearing aluminum bracelets instead of sterling silver. I'm sure their pocketbooks will appreciate it!
What do you think? Would you wear an aluminum bracelet instead of sterling silver?


No comments: