Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Am I the only one who doesn't get it?


I haven't read any of the Twilight books. I haven't seen the movie either. I'm not sure who Ed Cullen is, and I didn't know that Vampires sparkle. (Anyone else sense an oxymoron here? Vampire = blood sucking creature, SPARKLE?????) And horror of horrors, I have absolutely no desire to read the books or see the movie.


My reason? Not because I think it's all evil and Anti-Christian or anything like that. I just have no interest in vampires - or their romances. I can't even get my head around the concept. I don't get the appeal.


And I am amazed at the people who tell me, "Oh you just HAVE to read these books! They're SO GOOD!" Look, I'm just not interested. OK? There's nothing wrong with me. I'm just not interested!


Please, please, please - someone tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this way! Am I the only "weirdo" out there?

1 comment:

Beth Howard said...

I was in the same boat, but my sister was a big fan. So when the movie came out, my mom and I took her, and I admit I got sucked in. The books are good - but they aren't great. It's one of those things that is fun and entertaining and great brain candy, but don't let anyone fool you into thinking it's earth-shaking Shakespearean literature ;) If you're the kind of person for whom watching the new 90210 is a guilty pleasure, you'll probably have fun with it. Otherwise you're likely not missing much.