Monday, August 17, 2009

Mascara Review - L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes

Mascara is mandatory for me. I have blond eyelashes and pale skin, so without mascara my eyes disappear into my face.

My eyes water a lot, and my eyelids are a bit oily. So I've had a really hard time finding a mascara that worked well for me. I've been using L'oreal Voluminous Waterproof mascara for years and years. It was the best formula that I'd tried so far, but it had a tendency to smudge. If I didn't keep an eye on things, by the end of the day I'd look like a raccoon!

For the past few days, I've been trying L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes mascara. And I must tell you - I'm thoroughly impressed!

Pros:
  • Does not smudge. Period.
  • Removes with soap & water - no special mascara remover needed
  • Lengthens lashes dramatically
  • A good value at $10.99, compared to high-end department store brands
Cons:
  • Takes longer to apply than regular mascara - It's a two step process. First you apply a white primer coat and then the mascara.
  • The wand is awkward. It's much thicker than most mascara wands so it takes a little time to get used to it.
  • Does not thicken lashes as well as L'Oreal's Voluminous Mascara.
  • Lashes tend to stick together in "spikes" so you need a good lash comb / separator. (A dry mascara brush works great; you can get one for $1.00 from EyesLipsFace.)


No comments: