My eyes water a lot, and my eyelids are a bit oily. So I've had a really hard time finding a mascara that worked well for me. I've been using L'oreal Voluminous Waterproof mascara for years and years. It was the best formula that I'd tried so far, but it had a tendency to smudge. If I didn't keep an eye on things, by the end of the day I'd look like a raccoon!
For the past few days, I've been trying L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes mascara. And I must tell you - I'm thoroughly impressed!
- Does not smudge. Period.
- Removes with soap & water - no special mascara remover needed
- Lengthens lashes dramatically
- A good value at $10.99, compared to high-end department store brands
- Takes longer to apply than regular mascara - It's a two step process. First you apply a white primer coat and then the mascara.
- The wand is awkward. It's much thicker than most mascara wands so it takes a little time to get used to it.
- Does not thicken lashes as well as L'Oreal's Voluminous Mascara.
- Lashes tend to stick together in "spikes" so you need a good lash comb / separator. (A dry mascara brush works great; you can get one for $1.00 from EyesLipsFace.)