Monday, July 6, 2009

Everybody's doing it! (Blogging, that is.)

It seems that everyone has a blog these days. So here I am, giving it a try. I don't lead a particularly exciting life and I'm not sure what I will be writing about - hence the title "Musings & Meanderings."

We just returned from a short getaway to Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Dave's brother and his family had come down to Gatlinburg from Chicago, and we had not seen them in about five years. It was really great to see them again and to catch up with everyone. Evan had a fantastic time visiting with his cousins.

Dave's family is spread out around the country. My family members are mostly here in Georgia and within a 30 minute drive. I love that Evan can visit with my parents and my cousins' kids often. I grew up that way and am so grateful that Evan can have that same experience.