Tuesday, July 14, 2009

These Turkeys aren't Chicken

A couple of weeks ago, I first spotted this family of turkeys on my way to work. I've seen them several times over the past weeks and have been amazed at how quickly they have grown. Finally today I brought my camera with me and took some pictures.

Now folks, don't be worried. These turkeys are NOT chicken! (HA!) They have absolutely no fear of the cars flying past them. As a matter of fact, while I was watching one turkey made its way to the middle of the road to peck at something on the ground. A car came up to it and stopped, blasted its horn, and the turkey just stood there looking at the car as if it was saying, "Hey - relax, dude . . ."

In a few weeks this spot will be a school bus stop, so I'm guessing they'll have to find a new hangout. But I'll enjoy watching them for now. It's a nice way to start my day.




No comments: